2014年1月3日 星期五

Reflection 2

        This is the last reflection. My partner and I will have a formal presentation on January 2. Our topic is "Should public interest builds on individual sacrifice?" I'm on positive side. In fact, this is not an easy topic. It includes much hard knowledge. Meanwhile, there are many studies about this issue. In my PPT, I will introduce John Stuart Mill's On Liberty first. He was a famous scholar in 19th century. He was a liberalist and discussed the relationship between society and individuals. Second, I choose public policy as my presentation content. I think it possesses great influence to individuals and public interest. As my partner, he will introduce some concepts. Then he will provide some cases to challenge my opinion.
         When we had a meeting with professor and she pointed out some drawbacks in our PPT. She suggested that we should change our topic because the original one is a bit not so related with our real subject matter. Professor seemed a little confused about the true meaning of our topic. Is the conflict necessary or the sacrifice? Finally, we made a decision that we focused on the issue of sacrifice. Besides, professor thought some pages of my part were confusing. She suggested that I should add an outline and some titles in some pages. This can make the audience easy to understand what I say about those pages. As my partner, he had fewer problems than me. My partner and I used our own PPTs separately in the previous presentation. In addition, I felt that sometimes my subject matter had less relation with my partner’s. I will try to build some relation between my partner’s part and mine. Moreover, I arrange our PPT as one. It can make a connection between our PPTs. Most important of all, my partner and I have to make our presentation easy to understand or it will be another confusing and unintelligible one.

沒有留言:

張貼留言